Never worked with felt before, but there’s a first time to everything, right?
I did a lot of versions of this air clip / pin until I finally thought this is acceptable and remained at the version you see in the photo.
Experimentation is everything 🙂
List of tools:
I think it’s easy enough to figure out how I did it from the picture above, but to be sure here are the steps:
– cut 2 droplet shapes, one larger than the other (step 1)
– glue them together (step 2)
– start sewing some beads around the smaller droplet (step 2)
– if you want, you could sew a little flower on one side as well (step 3)
– cut another droplet shape, larger than the 2 before (step 3)
– glue this larger piece underneath the other two (step 3)
– sew some beads around the middle droplet shape (step 4)
– cut a small rectangular piece and glue the 2 sides of it to the back of the hairclip (leave the middle part unglued, so you could fit the hairclip in) (step 5)
– place your hairclip through the rectangular piece (step 5)
Makes sense? 🙂
This is how it should look. Even though when I started this project I meant it to be a hair clip, I think it looks better as a pin. One bead from the tiny white flower is a bit crooked on the photo, but please look past that 😉