I just wanted to know what’s the fuss about this tiny seed, so I made a chia pudding! 🙂
- chia seeds
- soy milk (or almond milk, or coconut milk …)
- raspberries ( fresh are better I guess, but this time of the year kind of impossible to find, so I used frozen ones)
- honey (optional)
- cashew for decorating
- let about 3-4 tsp of chia seeds soak in soy milk for a few hours ( best to leave it over night)
- blend some frozen (or fresh) raspberries and bananas
- when the chia seeds have thickened into a pudding like consistency you can add the honey
- alternately layer the fruit with the chia pudding into glasses (next time I’ll use smaller ones, these were too large for one serving).
- decorate with some left over whole fruits or /and nuts.
The soaked chia seeds alone don’t have much taste, but combined with fruits they are actually delicious and healthy as well …. so they say…. 😛